Terms of Service
This is a legal agreement between you and LEGO System A/S, Aastvej 1, DK-7190 Billund, Denmark ("LEGO")in regards to your use and access to the LEGO Ambassador Network Website (“the Website”).
It imposes certain restrictions on your use of the Website. LEGO and its suppliers retain ownership of the Website, and no rights are granted to you other than to use the Website under the terms and conditions expressly set forth in these Terms of Service.
By clicking on the "I accept the Terms of Service" button below you agree to be and are hereby bound by the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, you cannot use the Website.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
This Website is a dialogue platform for Ambassadors chosen specifically by the LEGO User Groups and representatives of the LEGO Group. Login access to the Website can only happen by invitation and through use of LEGO ID. To access the Website, you must be at least 18 years old.
You will be required to establish a user account creating a LEGO ID username or using a social sign-in feature. All accounts must be tied to a bona fide email address or social networking profile you own and operate.
You may have to provide LEGO with certain personal information when using the Website. The personal information will be used only for the purpose of using this Website as described in these terms unless otherwise clearly stated and accepted by you.
The personal information we will be collecting when using the Website is:
- full legal name,
- postal address,
- Telephone, and
- E-mail address.
- Any profile information you choose to provide (avatar image, bio, social network links, etc.)
The LEGO Group is defined as LEGO System A/S as the Data Controller, and its subsidiaries as described on http://aboutus.lego.com/en-us/lego-group/.
By using the Website you also agree to have your contributions with your name or username made available to the public through the Website.
The role of the Ambassador
The ambassador will represent a designated and Recognized LEGO AFOL User Group.
The role of the ambassador is to create and maintain a relationship with the LEGO Group and other LUG Ambassadors for the purpose of fostering an active AFOL community.
The ambassador is not employed or paid in anyway by the LEGO Group for the activities or representation done as an ambassador of the designated and Recognized LEGO AFOL User Group.
Furthermore the ambassador is not a representative of the LEGO Group and may not tell AFOL’s or the public that the ambassador officially represents the LEGO Group.
As a part of being an ambassador of the designated and Recognized LEGO AFOL User Group the ambassador will have to sign a standard NDA governing the exchange of confidential information received from the LEGO Group.
Finally the role of the ambassador is regulated by the document “LEGO Ambassador Network” which is an integrated part of these Terms.
In exchange for use of the Website, and to the extent that your contributions through use of the Website give rise to any intellectual property right interest, hereunder copyright, patent rights, design rights etc., you hereby assign all rights worldwide to the content generated by you to LEGO, meaning that LEGO can use your contributions in any way and for any purpose, including to reproduce, manufacture, copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, sell, broadcast, transmit, or communicate to the public by any means whether now known or unknown and distribute your contributions for the whole duration of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and international conventions.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that any Content on the Website infringes your intellectual property rights, you as the rights holder or an agent thereof may either flag the content using reporting features within the site’s user interface or submit an intellectual property right Complaint pursuant to the intellectual property right Complaint Form.
We appreciate your cooperation in providing an English translation of your report to our intellectual property right agent. Please include the information below in writing.
- A signature (physical or electronic) from the owner or from a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the allegedly infringed Content or material.
- Direct link/ Uniform Resource Locator (URL) to the protected work on the Website claimed to be infringing. Multiple protected work complaints are covered by a single notification by submitting a representative list of URLs from the Website.
- Sufficient identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that has allegedly been infringed.
- Contact information such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail to permit the service provider to contact you.
- A statement (i) that you have good faith belief that the Content is not authorized by the rights holder, its agent, or the law, and (ii) that the information provided in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner.
Contact can also be made via postal mail or email: LEGO System A/S, Aastvej 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark. Email: Fill in, please.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, you acknowledge that your intellectual property right Complaint form may not be valid and may therefore not be handled (whether fully or partially) by LEGO System A/S.
If we receive a intellectual property right Complaint form that complies with all the requirements, we reserve the right to refuse, to make private or to remove the Content. We reserve our rights to action against you if you misrepresent that a fair use of the Content constitutes infringement.
If your Content has been removed as a result of an intellectual property right Complaint as per the above and you believe it is not infringing, or believe you have the authorization from the rights holder, the rights holder's agent, or pursuant to the law, to transmit and use the Content, you may send a counter-notice to us at fill in, please containing the information below:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, you acknowledge that your intellectual property right Counter-Notice form may not be valid and may therefore not be handled (whether fully or partially) by LEGO System A/S.
Please note that LEGO may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party which you hereby accept. The rights holder then has 14 business days to respond and unless the rights holder files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be accessible to the broader audience on the Website, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at LEGO’s sole discretion.
RULES OF CONDUCT
You agree not to do any of the following while accessing or using the Website:
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, that may be invasive of another's right of privacy or publicity, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a LEGO employee, moderator, representative or agent , message board leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any User Content that you do not have a right to transmit, under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships ;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any User Content that contains a virus, corrupted data, Trojan horse, bot, keystroke logger, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to and/or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or mine, scrape or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that are related to the Website
- use the comment and discussion systems in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users , flooding ;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content to an e-mail address, messenger-feature address or other location that is not yours or to which you do not have the expressly authorized right to use without securing the prior authorization of such other person or entity;
- harass, stalk, or threaten any other users in the Website;
- participate in any action within the Website which, in the sole judgment of LEGO, exploits or abuses an undocumented aspect of the Website in order to obtain an unfair advantage over other users of the Website
- participate in any action within the Website which, in the sole judgment of LEGO, defrauds another user including, but not limited to, by scamming or social engineering;
- access or attempt to access any areas within the Website that have not been made available to users;
- register for or hold multiple accounts on the Website simultaneously;
- circumvent or attempt to circumvent disciplinary measures taken against your account, including registering for or using a new account on the Website after being suspended or banned.
LEGO retains the right to suspend, terminate, or otherwise sanction your Website membership if you violate these Rules of Conduct, as well as to take any other action required or permitted under any applicable laws.
TITLE, COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All title, ownership, rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Website shall remain with LEGO. All rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement are reserved to LEGO. The Website is protected by national copyright laws and international copyright treaties.
You may not copy or download any content from the Website unless you are expressly authorized to do so.
You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to content. You may not sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of Content. LEGO reserves all rights in owned and licensed content that are not expressly granted to you in these Terms of Service.
Making unauthorized copies of content found in the Website may result in the termination of your Account, prohibition to use this software and further legal action.
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER APPLICABLE STATUTORY WARRANTIES (TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW). THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE WEBSITE IS WITH YOU.
SOME STATES AND COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY STATE OR COUNTRY.
LEGO does not warrant that the functionality provided by the programs based on the Website will meet your requirements or that the operation of said programs will be uninterrupted or error free.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES:
IN NO EVENT WILL LEGO BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS OR OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE SUCH WEBSITE EVEN IF LEGO OR AN AUTHORISED LEGO DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
SOME COUNTRIES OR STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
These Terms of Service and your right to use the Website shall terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the provisions of these Terms of Service. No notice shall be required from LEGO to effectuate such termination.
LEGO may, at its sole discretion, remove or block any hosted Content (including, but not limited to user comments, data, information, graphics, photographs, images, illustrations, and video clips) from the Website without prior notice or liability for any reason whatsoever. LEGO reserves the right to take legal or technical steps to ban any user from the Website without prior notice or liability, if this user is believed to be violating the Terms
If you wish to terminate your account on the Website , you may do so via your My Page > Account Settings > and use the “Deactivate my account” link at the bottom.
The LEGO Group reserves the right to limit or terminate the Services made available via the Website at any time without notice.
These Terms of Service will be governed by Danish law.
You acknowledge that the export of the Website is governed by the export control laws of the United States of America and other countries. If you are downloading the Website, you represent and warrant that you are not located in or under the control of any country which the export laws and regulations of such country or of the U.S.A. prohibit the exportation of the Website to. Finally, if you are a unit of the United States Government, you acknowledge that the Website is provided as “commercial computer Website” under terms of this Agreement, and that use, duplication, or disclosure of any Website or any related Manual shall be subject to 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (OCT 1995), consisting of "commercial computer Website" and "commercial computer Website Manual" as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (SEPT 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7204-4 (JUNE 1995), or any successor regulations, a licensee shall be provided the licensed Website pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.
INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE
LEGO reserves the right to interrupt the Website from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that LEGO will not be liable for any interruption of the Website, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
You acknowledge that the Website may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of LEGO, and LEGO cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Website or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. LEGO shall not be liable for any interruption of the Website, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
LEGO has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Website as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
UPDATES TO THESE TERMS:
LEGO reserves the right to update these terms without notice at any time. While we will make all reasonable efforts to notify you of major changes, your continued use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of the current Terms of Service.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, UNDERSTAND THEM AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN US WHICH SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSAL OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Please note that the Website is an online Platform and requires internet access. In the event of internet failure, some Website data could be lost. LEGO will try its best to resume the lost data, Website stats, Website scores and User Generated Content. LEGO can, however, not be held liable for such internet failures.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure and the brick and knob configurations are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2014 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.