On the last week-end of July, ItLUG held its main event in the town of Lecco: ItLUG Lecco 2018. It's our biggest and oldest event, its first edition was in 2006 in a nearby town, and since 2014 it's been in the modern local branch of Milan's Politecnico University, with its huge classrooms that are just perfect for a LEGO® exhibition.
This year we had more than 200 registered AFOLs, coming from all over the country and also from the rest of Europe: France (LUG'est), Romania (Asociatia Brickenburg), Croatia (Kockicke), Switzerland (SwissLUG), Germany and the Netherlands.
I will not a make a list of my favorite MOCs because I'm sure I'd leave something awesome out, the quality of all of them was amazing... just look at the photos! I'll just mention the very big ones... LUG'est's Paris Steampunk 1889, Brickenburg's Advanced Blacktron Spaceship, ItLUG and Toscanabricks' Duomo di Firenze, CLV's Cime di Lavaredo, and ItLUG's Centro Piacentiniano di Bergamo.
Besides the exhibition we also had different kinds of activities, for AFOLs and the public:
- The Vintage Museum. It has become a tradition for this event to have a section of a classroom dedicated to vintage LEGO wooden toys and early sets, to show how things used to be once;
- The AFOL Video Quiz. Just for AFOLs, a quiz where participants had to guess sets and answer questions based on videos and images shown on a screen;
- LEGO WeDo workshops for kids. This was a great success last year, so we decided to do it again... and it was again a success!
- The Robot Sumo Tournament. Another tradition, every year with more and more teams "fighting" each other to win the tournament;
- A LEGO SERIOUS PLAY® seminar for parents and children;
- The CreActive contest for children, where children can build something at home and bring it to the event;
- The Pick n' Build play area, where children (and adults) can build whatever they want right there at the event;
- A GBC layout;
- The Divine Brick-Comedy; a photo project recreating Dante's Inferno with BrickHeadz;
Edited by Sara Skahill